This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website, springdaleprep.org (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, newsletters, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Springdale or any third party; and
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13:
We strive to educate parents and children about how to appropriately safeguard their privacy when using our Services. We are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”), which requires us to inform parents and legal guardians about our information collection and use practices. COPPA also requires that we obtain parental consent before we allow children under the age of 13 to access and/or use our Services.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
What Data We Collect and Why We Collect It:
In general, you can access and/or use many features of our Website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. You also may choose not to provide us with any personal information. In such event, you can still access and use many features of our Website; however, you will not be able to access and use those portions of our Website that require your personal information.
We collect personal information when you voluntarily submit it to us. Other data may be collected automatically as you navigate through the site (such as, usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies) or from third parties.
Data that you enter on the Website (including forms, comments, and social media comments) may be collected and stored for later use – including sending you emails. When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
In addition, we may collect the following information:
- Name, address, phone number, email, and other data that you provide to us (“personal information”);
- Areas of interest that you provide to us;
- Name of the domain from which you access the Internet;
- Internet address of the websites from which you linked directly to our site;
- Type of web browsing software and operating system you are using;
- Date and time you access our site and amount of time you spent on the site; and/or
- Pages you visited on our site.
How Information is Collected:
Information is collected in a variety of ways which include:
- The use of pixels, cookies, forms, and fields;
- Via phone, email, text, and chat features;
- Opt-in forms from our websites; and
- Display and native advertising like Facebook ads or Google ads.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and/or
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see What Rights You Have Over Your Data.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Springdale, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see What Rights You Have Over Your Data.
How Information Collected Is Used:
Information collected may be used for one or more of the following reasons:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- Added to a database maintained by Springdale to customize your experience.
- Deliver information, surveys, requested products and/or services;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- For statistical purposes;
- To share with our social media, marketing, advertising, and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their service;
- To communicate with you on a consistent basis via email and/or social media;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products/services we offer or provide through it;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- For any other purpose with your consent; and/or
- Perform any other lawful acts except for those acts expressly prohibited by this Policy.
Embedded Content from Other Websites:
The Website may contain links to other sites. Springdale is not responsible for the privacy practices of websites not affiliated with Springdale. Inclusion of links to outside websites is not an endorsement of those outsides website or a guarantee that the information they contain is accurate.
Articles and videos on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behave in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who We Share Your Data With:
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To an automated spam detection program;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Springdale’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Springdale about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply any other agreements you have with Springdale, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Springdale, our students, or others.
How Long We Retain Your Personal Information:
We retain your personal information, as long as necessary, to fulfill the purposes it was initially collected for or otherwise required by law. We may retain personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data:
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Newsletters/Updates from Springdale. You have the option to opt out of any newsletters or updates at any time by simply updating your settings or by contacting us directly. There is an unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email sent. You may stop “following” or “liking” our social media accounts at any time by unsubscribing directly from the social media site.
- Third Party Collection. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Communications from Springdale:
Communications from Springdale may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Site updates, Springdale announcements, information regarding relevant updates with content and services, upcoming events, and other relevant business purposes;
- Responses to your requests for information; and/or
- Email, phone, text and social chat features for communication purposes only.
By using the Website, you agree that you may be contacted in any manner contemplated in this section even if your number is found on a do not call registry, in-house list or similar registry.
The Website is controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by using the Website or by providing consent to us (where required by law), you agree to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country. Additionally, when using or disclosing personal information transferred from the European Union, we use standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, adopt other means under European Union law for ensuring adequate safeguards or obtain your consent. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information
Your California Privacy Rights:
If you are a resident of the State of California, you may exercise the rights described below. By choosing to exercise your rights as described below, you are declaring that you are a California resident as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, Civil Code Section 1798.100 (“CCPA”).
- Right to Know. You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal information collected over the past 12 months and for information about how we collect, use, disclose, and sell it. We do not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing without your permission.
- Right to Modification. You have the right to update or modify certain of your personal information by sending us an email at [email protected].
- Right to Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against customers or users who exercise their rights under the CCPA.
Exercising your Rights. If you wish to exercise one of these rights, please contact us as described herein or email us at [email protected]. Please include your name and email address with your request. Before we can process any such request, we will need to verify your identity through the email address or telephone number associated with your use of our Website and confirm your request prior to fulfilling any such request and reserve the right to deny a request where we are unable to satisfactorily complete this process. If you authorize someone to make a request on your behalf, we may also deny your request if we are unable to verify that the individual making the request is authorized to act on your behalf.
GDPR Privacy Rights:
This section only applies to individuals using or accessing our Website while located in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, Switzerland (collectively, the “European Countries”) at the time of data collection. Pursuant to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation, the UK General Data Protection Regulation (collectively, the “GDPR”), for the sake of clarity, references to personal information in this Policy concerns personal data in the sense of the GDPR.
We may ask you to identify which country you are located in when you use or access the Website, or we may rely on your IP address to identify which country you are located in. If any terms in this section conflict with other terms contained in this Policy, the terms in this section shall apply to individuals in a European Country. Further, we may limit your individual rights requests: (a) where denial of access is required or authorized by law; (b) when granting access would have a negative impact on other’s privacy; (c) to protect our rights and properties; or (d) where the request is frivolous or unrealistic. If you are eligible, you may be permitted to access the following rights:
- Right to Access. The right to be provided with a copy of your personal information
- Right to Rectification. The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information
- Right to be Forgotten. The right to require us to delete your personal information—in certain situations
- Right to Restriction of Processing. The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information—in certain circumstances, e.g., if you contest the accuracy of the data
- Right to Data Portability. The right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party—in certain situations.
- Right Not to be Subject to Automated Individual Decision-Making. The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you
- Right to Object. The right to object:
- at any time to your personal information being processed for direct marketing (including profiling).
- in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, e.g., processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
If you wish to exercise one of these rights, please contact us as described herein or email us at [email protected]. Please include your name and email address with your request. Before we can process any such request, we will need to verify your identity through the email address or telephone number associated with your use of our Website and confirm your request prior to fulfilling any such request and reserve the right to deny a request where we are unable to satisfactorily complete this process. If you authorize someone to make a request on your behalf, we may also deny your request if we are unable to verify that the individual making the request is authorized to act on your behalf.
Our Website uses commercially physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect information collected online including firewalls to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control. The use of these security measures is not a guarantee that information supplied over the Internet will not be intercepted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Change in Terms of Privacy:
Springdale reserves the right to alter the Policy at any time without notice. Any changes to the Policy will be posted on this page. Please look at the “LAST UPDATED” legend below to see when the Policy was last revised. Any such changes shall be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Policy on the Website. We reserve the right to make the revised Policy effective for information we already have about you, as well as, information we receive in the future. We encourage you to refer to this Policy on an ongoing basis so that you understand our current privacy policies.
If you have any questions about this Policy or the practices of this Website, please contact us:
LAST UPDATED: February 16, 2024